Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tuesday - My birthday and hopefully an end to this sort of eating...

Good breakfast. Coffee, half a cup of yogourt and about a quarter cup each of strawberries and blueberries.A very light lunch - three slices of dry cured ham, 45g of camenbert and a fistful of celery sticks.
Birthday dinner at Mom's place. Not the restaurant - my actual mother's cooking! Braised lamb shank (a favorite), little green peas and mashed turnip. Also a side salad. Delish!
Instead of cake just a Skinny Cow brand fudge pop - only 90 calories.
After pestering all my friends about the fact that Doug would be working late on my birthday I ended up at Spinnaker's Brewpub with a couple of couples. Andrew ordered a pitcher of their Iceberg Ale and poured me a pint.
While the boys went off to play pool (Rob 3, Andrew zip) the girls order a couple of desserts and extra cutlery. I fondly remember the Mile High Apple Pie from years ago at this place and they didn't let me down. I ate about half.
Kama was really jonesing for something chocolate and ordered the dark chocolate creme brulee. I had two spoonfuls. Carol had a "When Harry Met Sally" moment on tasting this one.
More beer.
Rob was designated driver and the first stop was Andrew and Carol's where we admired the view and Andrew's skill as mixologist. He presented me with a peach martini - very tasty and way too easy to drink!
So that's it for birthday season this year. I'm sure there will be other parties but the flurry of eating and drinking is over now until the Christmas season rolls around. I hope.

No comments: