Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Stress and discomfort and eating too much

The day started out well enough with coffee, one egg and one sausage.
Coffee break.Lunch is usually hard to mess up on since I've packed it the night before. Tuna salad, celery, radish and (surprise) broccoli and 1/2 cup blackberries with a little cream. At work we talk about the impending strike --> stress.
So I'm home from work and my husband is working late for the second night in a row so on my own for dinner. I'm pretty tired, my feet are sore (and I think I might have a slight bladder infection or some such) so I sit down at the computer to play and don't make dinner until I'm absolutely starving. Bad idea. I grab a wrap and since there's only about 70g of chicken left I make up the difference with bacon I had pre-cooked (nearly 40g) some mayo, tomato and lettuce and that should be dinner. I wolf it down and am still hungry for more (mistake number two).
So I grab the first easy thing I find (albeit from the freezer) almonds and some nsa chocolate chips. 30g of almonds and 20g of chocolate chips later and I feel a little ill and realize I've gone over my calorie goal for the day. Rats.
Calories today 1,674 (at least) but only 36g (net) of carbohydrates.


No comments: