Monday, August 27, 2007

I can't believe I forgot my camera!!!

So I was playing World of Warcraft this morning and before I knew it, it was time to leave for Scooter Meet. I arrived at the Black Stilt starving and coffee-deprived only to search in my satchel and not find my camera! I was appalled! Luckily Carol had her camera inna phone with her and was able to take this picture and send it to me.
I had a large americano and 1/2 a chicken pesto pannini sandwich (or is that redundant?).

We rode out to Mattick's Farm to do a little market shopping and stopped for a nosh. Rob found his favorite Chocolate and peanut butter ice cream. I vaguely remember that being one of my favorite flavours too back in the day. I had three bites and did a little dance of enjoyment - much to Jim's amusement.
Afterwards Rob said something about berry picking and when queried, claimed that his home was surrounded by blackberry bushes. I followed him home, borrowed a coffee can and managed to nearly fill it with almost a kilo of berries! I was good and didn't snack while I was picking (although I did have to lick my fingers a few times) but as soon as I got home I had a big bowl of berries with a little cream and splenda. On the left is Debra's birthday present to me that she brought today - a cruet or similar that's been flattened in a kiln, mounted to hang on a wall with a few sprigs of lavender tucked in.
Now you think with the crisis of forgetting my camera this morning I would be extra careful - but as it turns out I carefully weighed my dinner and set the plate and bowl on the counter but didn't take the actual picture. I had a side salad and 100g of roast chicken breast with the skin on which is almost exactly what I had the day (weeks ago) when I took this picture.
Since dinner was a little on the light side I felt justified in having a snack of the extremely fatty, extremely decadent treats I picked up a day or two ago at Choux Choux the French delicatessen. The yellow cheese is actually Manchego a Spanish sheep's milk cheese. The nobby white one is Paillot de Chevre from Quebec a lovely semi-soft goat cheese. The paté is - get this Paté de foie gras with specks of black truffle. Needless to say it is very, very good.
Totals for today1,351 calories and 65g of carbohydrates. Not bad considering all the goodies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.