Wednesday, July 11, 2007

We're having a heat wave, a tropical heat wave...

...right here in our apartment where it is currently 30 degrees c (the 86 in farenheits). It was pretty warm all day so I started with yogourt and berries instead of my usual cooked breakfast. 1/2 cup of yogourt and 60g each of raspberries and blueberries. Couldn't skip coffee though.
Coffee break. Which I take literally.
Checked my email during the early part of my lunch so ate my celery and radish in front of the computer.
Had a wrap of roast beef 70g, edam cheese 30g and 20g each of tomato, cucumber and lettuce. Also 1/2 tablespoon of mayonnaise.
Leslie was have some ice cream in a little cup that she bought at the Patisserie. It's made in Cowichan Bay and I was actually in their Ice Cream Parlour on the way home from the Salt Spring Scooter Rally. This flavour is " Orange, Mandarin & Chocolate - Tiny pieces of mandarin orange sections are added along with pure chocolate shavings". It looked really good so I had one spoonful. I think at some point I will get one of these for Doug and I to share!
Still really, really hot at home so just a salad with some cold chicken and a couple of croutons for interest. Also some caesar dressing.
We couldn't take it any more so we went to a mall to enjoy the air conditioning. I had an iced coffee and Doug had an Orange Julius.
When the mall closed we had to go back to the hot apartment. We each had a sugar-free, fat-free fudge bar to try and make it better. A cool shower would have been a better choice.
Totals for the day 1,417 calories and 63 carbohydrates. High carbs. because of the wrap and just generally eating more fruit and veg. and less meat because it's so darn hot!

No comments: