Monday, September 3, 2007

Bad day for record-keeping

Managed to wake up in the middle of the night again - finally got back to sleep but that meant I woke barely in time to shower before heading out to scooter meet-up. Didn't even make coffee - had some yogourt and blackberries but only a few spoonfuls before abandoning them and making for...
Timmy's! I had a large coffee but still feeling bloated from last night didn't want a tim-bit.
We rode out to the Saanich Fair but I really wasn't feeling very well and decided to come home (via the market). A little while after I got home I realized that while tired and out of sorts I really was properly hungry. I took the half cup of Carol's brown rice/black bean/corn/pepper salad left from last night and used it as the base for an omelet with three eggs and a couple of slices of bacon.
I guess I have to admit that I've gotten myself re-addicted to desserts. I made a cup of tea and had two (half a serving) of these little Joseph's "sugar-free" cookies. They still have carbs of course, but 4 tiny cookies have less than 100 calories.
There was also a mug of coffee left-over from last night. I had put it, covered in the fridge yesterday and today made iced-coffee of it.
Again with the left-overs. Carol and Andrew were given this wild pig wine after introducing someone to the Pass the Pigs game. Since most of the Salt Spring Island Tournament Pigs team was at last night's bbq the wine came too. There was one good-sized glass left. I used half of it to cook some fish and prawns and drank the last 2oz. I was really very nice.
We had no plans for dinner but there was some nice halibut trimmings I hauled out of the freezer - with a dozen prawns and some garlic and mushrooms we had a cream sauce/chowder thing happening. It was really pretty good for an on-the-fly meal.
Some time later while sitting together in front of the computer I again wanted a sweetie. We shared the last 20g of nsa chocolate chips from the freezer. Although I feel badly that I'm craving sweets again, at least (outside of parties) I'm eating them in very small doses.
Having stayed up too late playing games Doug and I both needed a late-night snack. I had a diet soda and a few slices of salami meat-ends (about 20g).

Didn't make one entry into fitday today. I counting on the fact that I really only had two meals and a few small snacks to have kept my calories to a reasonable level. It's really hard to care about the record-keeping when sleep-deprived. I still care about the calories and carbs - just don't have any interest in the bookkeeping.

No comments: