Monday, June 4, 2007

Goal achieved!

Oh, hello again, look it's... coffee.
Two egg omelet. This time with mushrooms, green onions and sharp cheddar.
Went to physio/exercise and didn't get around to lunch until mid-afternoon. I had just enough to keep me going until dinner. 60g turkey breast from the deli, 47g (the lovely hard end) of the emmental and 60g of radishes.
For dinner we had meatloaf made with ground pork from Happy Island Pigs, a wee farm just a couple of hours up-Island from here and ground bison (we do have bison on the Island but I think this was from the mainland). The bison is very lean but luckily the happy pig was not. On the side is some mashed cauliflower impersonating potatoes and the usual salad.
Since I had lots of calories to spare today I enjoyed a lovely dessert of partially frozen rhubarb (I couldn't wait) and whipped cream. When stirred together it was like a fruit ice cream.
Total for today - drum roll please - 1,428 calories and just 29g of carbohydrates! Goal achieved. Now I just have to decide if there will be a particular reward or if heading off for a three day holiday next weekend is sufficient - even though I would have done that anyway.

No comments: